The SBA MicroLoan Program provides working capital to smaller businesses.
Get Started Today
SBA Microloan Program
The SBA MicroLoan Program provides working capital to smaller businesses. Under the MicroLoan program the SBA facilitates loans to intermediary non-profit lenders who in turn make non SBA guaranteed loans to for-profit businesses and non-profit child care centers. In 2016, these intermediary lenders loaned a total of $58 million to small businesses, with the average loan amount just under $15,000.
- Office equipment for a graphic design company
- Operating capital for a non-profit child care center
- Promotional costs for a startup
MicroLoan Program In Detail
- Credit score above 660
- May require some collateral
SBA MicroLoans are distributed by a number of intermediate non-profit lenders who will each have their own qualifying process, therefore additional criteria may apply.
- Set payments at regular intervals
- Can be used for a wide variety of purposes
- Relatively low interest rate
- Long repayment schedule
- Lengthy application process
- May carry early payment penalty
- Variable interest rates may increase
If you’re confused or need clarification about the qualifying requirements for the SBA Loan Program, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help.
Get your business loan today!
Take the next step to find the funding your business needs.